Saturday, June 9, 2012

Goodnight Prayers

It is about time for nightly prayers !! Sometimes when I go to bed at night I feel overridden by guilt. For the simple fact I have a safe neighborhood, I have a safe place to lay my head. Then that guilt turns to gratitude and sometimes sadness as I know there are so many who do not. Not because or due to their own personal choice but because society makes it that way at times. Being the lack jobs, the lack of job security. Which brings me to my topic for tonight. I cannot get this thought out of my mind . California is a very highly populated state full of prominent people. It is a state that is also full of a lot of homeless under privileged people. It seems to me at times that California governmental officials are forgetting or "' leaving behind "" their own !! Granted, it does not matter what state you live in anymore they are all getting that way. But, too have so many urban communities built into one state that people are just barely surviving seems hypocritical to me !! We are a country where we depend on other countries to keep us going and in return we like to help out those other countries children before our own !! I am talking of decent medical care and decent food pantries and food banks in EVERY Californian community !! Not just the capital state and the decent communities !! Is it too much to think that maybe one of these famous movie stars that lives in a 2.2 million dollar home would find in their heart to take such a task on ?? The ONLY way to rid the bad is to bring in the good !! Food pantries and food markets with fresh fruit, to where these people don't have to borrow gas money to get to these places or worse end up starving too death. Or even better a community garden ran by the members of the communities. Communities like Watts, Compton etc. I was reading on history of Watts today and very interesting stuff. Being Watts was started off or pioneered into a industry and beef production community. Maybe my information is wrong and I apologize if it is. But, when my husband was out there this time last summer for a month he told me they have food trucks that drive up and down the streets all hours of the day, yet you have to have the money to buy the food. So, my prayer for the night is that I pray that someone will answer my emails, my letters etc in hopes to get such a project started. And I pray for peace for everyone and safety !! May the world become a better place even if it is for just one day !! I pray that governmental officials and counsels stop "' leaving behind "" these communities stop forgetting our own !! Good night & God Bless !!

No comments:

Post a Comment