Wednesday, June 6, 2012

About In Honor & Loving Memory of Emanuel David Berry & Angelica

Okay so after reviewing some of my written blogs felt I needed to better clarify myself on what this is about, the sole intention of my message !! A year ago on June 18th Emanuel David Berry ( my 17 year old grandson at the time ) and family friend Angelica Escalante ( 19 yr old ) were gunned down in their own driveway by a car full of gang members. Monday evening, June 4th,2012 a one year old baby boy was with his father outside their home and he was also gunned down. He did not survive . The father of the baby was holding him in his arms at the time it happened he too was also shot. This all happened in Watts California. After reading about the incident on FB and the newspaper I was infuriated !!! Killing my grandson was to me unforgivable. Nothing was taken they just drove by and aimed fire. There was no money stolen, no home invasion etc. It was nothing but; more than likely as I am not from that neighborhood I only know what I see on tv and read,and here say . But more than likely a gang initiation or just an attempt to get even for looking at the assailant in the wrong way. Wearing the wrong color of clothing or having the wrong race period. There is a lot of racial profiling that went wrong with this . I am not wanting revenge I am wanting this to stop to the point that our children can feel safe!! People need to be aware of what is going on in their neighborhoods,their communities their personal lives !!! They / we need to be aware "" BEFORE "" the crime happens. Definition of terrorism is this; " manipulation of any person or group of persons fear ( the emotion of terror, hence TERRORism ) in order to gain obedience/forceful agreement, or accomplish a certain objective " ref www.urban dictionary.com . So, that is where I came up with the title " Urban Terrorism Awareness", sounds like a gang thing right ?? That was my first thought after reading the definition. Or even better yet a nasty domestic dispute between neighbors turned bad being ending in gun fire. All, examples. Even the town I grew up in in Ks is turning gang ridden. As, I stated before no one is immune to such horrible outcomes, it happens more than we would like to think. And, people's reactions to such as what happened to my grandson and many others is disgusting! " Well, just another day in Watts or whatever the name of your community is ." So, I decided to make this more aware to the public where ever you may reside. I will be adding more stories pictures and positive information on this topic daily. No one was to blame in my grandsons death/murder. Well maybe lack of policing. But, that is another topic for a later date. Their news channel stated " he was at the wrong place at the wrong time " That ONE is a hard one to stomach as he was in his OWN driveway getting ready to make a store run for his mom. Don't let this be you or one's you love if you live in a large or even small community, ALWAYS be aware !

No comments:

Post a Comment